Viruses are infectious particles comprising a nucleic acid core – consisting of either DNA or RNA – and a protein coat known as a capsid. Infections attributable to viral pathogens are transmitted, directly or indirectly, from one person to another or from animal to human. Viruses replicate by exploiting the resources of their host cells, usually to the detriment of the host. As viral pathogens are exceptionally diverse, the morbidity associated with viral infections varies significantly depending on the virus in question.
This report covers all viral infections, although particular focus is given to four key indications within this disease cluster: Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), Hepatitis C Virus (HCV), Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) and influenza. The global viral infections market was valued at $74.0 billion in 2014, and is projected to grow at a considerable Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 6.8%, reaching $117.6 billion in 2021. Key drivers of this growth will be the expanding treatment population and uptake of recently approved highly priced antiviral agents, as well as promising late-stage candidates that are expected to be priced highly.
Browse Detail Report With TOC @ http://www.hexareports.com/report/global-viral-infections-market-to-2021/details
The viral infections market is large and growing rapidly
– How do epidemiology trends differ among the key indications?
– What therapeutic options exist for preventing and treating viral infections?
– Which products and companies dominate the market?
The pipeline is innovative and diverse
– What is the proportion of early- to late-stage pipeline products?
– Which molecular targets are most prominent within the pipeline?
– How do the key indications differ in terms of molecule type?
Considerable market growth is anticipated throughout 2021
– Which products will contribute to this growth most significantly?
– Will the current market leaders retain their dominance over the forecast period?
Deal values for licensing and co-development deals range considerably
– How many strategic consolidations have been completed in the past decade?
– Which types of assets attract the largest deal values?
Reasons to buy
This report will allow you to –
– Examine the current clinical and commercial landscape by considering disease pathogenesis, treatment options and key marketed products.
– Appreciate how the four key indications – HIV, HCV, HBV and influenza – differ in terms of epidemiology, symptoms and co-morbidities and complications.
– Identify trends and developments, in terms of molecule type and molecular target, within the overall viral infections pipeline, as well as for each of the four key indications.
– Consider market opportunities and potential risks by examining trends in clinical trial duration and size, as well as clinical trial failure rates, by stage of development, key indication, molecule type and molecular target.
– Recognize how the evolving treatment landscape will drive market growth to 2021 and understand the contributions that different products, molecular targets and companies will make to this growth.
– Understand how strategic consolidations have shaped the current pipeline and marketed product landscapes.
Request A Sample copy of This Report @ http://www.hexareports.com/sample/116735
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 4
1.1 List of Tables 6
1.2 List of Figures 6
2 Introduction 9
2.1 Therapy Area Introduction 9
2.2 Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) 9
2.2.1 Overview 9
2.2.2 Symptoms 10
2.2.3 Co-morbidities and Complications 10
2.2.4 Epidemiology 11
2.3 Hepatitis C Virus 12
2.3.1 Overview 12
2.3.2 Symptoms 13
2.3.3 Co-morbidities and Complications 13
2.3.4 Epidemiology 14
2.4 Hepatitis B Virus 14
2.4.1 Overview 14
2.4.2 Symptoms 15
2.4.3 Co-morbidities and Complications 15
2.4.4 Epidemiology 16
2.5 Influenza 16
2.5.1 Overview 16
2.5.2 Symptoms 17
2.5.3 Co-morbidities and Complications 17
2.5.4 Epidemiology 17
2.6 Etiology and Pathogenesis of Viral Infections 18
2.7 Treatment for Viral Infections 19
2.7.1 Vaccines 19
2.7.2 Antiviral Agents 20
3 Marketed Products 22
3.1 Multiple Indications 22
3.1.1 Viread – Gilead 22
3.1.2 Epivir/Epivir-HBV – ViiV Healthcare 23
3.1.3 Pegasys – F. Hoffmann La Roche 25
3.2 Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) 26
3.2.1 Truvada – Gilead 26
3.2.2 Atripla – Gilead 28
3.2.3 Stribild – Gilead 29
3.2.4 Tivicay – ViiV Healthcare 31
3.2.5 Triumeq – ViiV Healthcare 32
3.2.6 Genvoya – Gilead 33
3.3 Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) 35
3.3.1 Olysio – Janssen 35
3.3.2 Sovaldi and Harvoni – Gilead 36
3.3.3 Zepatier – Merck and Co. 38
3.4 Hepatitis B Virus 39
3.4.1 Baraclude – Bristol-Myers Squibb 39
3.5 Influenza Virus 40
3.5.1 Tamiflu – Roche 40
Europe Microelectronic Medical Implants Industry 2016 Market Research Report:
Global Menstrual Cups Industry 2016 Market Research Report:
Hexa Reports is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Company Name: Hexa Reports
Contact Person: Ryan Shaw
Address:Felton Office Plaza, 6265 Highway 9
Country: United States
Syndicated from GetNews
This post has been seen 59 times.