The global Radiology Information System (RIS) market is expected to reach USD 980.2 million by 2024 according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc. The significant number of technological advancements coupled with the growing demand for Healthcare Information Technology (HIT) is the major contributing factor for the growth of this market.
Browse Full Report With TOC @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/radiology-information-system-ris-market
The Electronic Medical Record (EMR) is one of the most crucial information systems for patient management across the healthcare system. With the advent of the integrated RIS, the EMR has been taken to the next level, now including radiology images in addition to text-based patient records. The RIS, a network software suite utilized for distributing, storing, and manipulating patient radiological imagery and data, enables the radiologists to manage the administrative and operational functions of radiology.
It also ensures high business security and patient confidentiality. RIS is considered to be the core system for the electronic management of the imaging departments and is gaining popularity in developing economies such as China and India, where the population base of patients is enormous; thereby making it imperative to deploy RIS in their healthcare facilities.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The integrated RIS was identified as the most lucrative sub-segment of the market in 2015. Picture Archiving and Communication systems (PACS) and RIS have been rendered sophisticated with the adoption of more effective and consistent user interfaces.
- The integrated RIS has provided a platform for improved workflow and patient safety while decreasing the cost. The cost and risk involved in maintaining duplicate databases and a duplicate set of reports in this are negligible. Therefore, various facilities are opting for the integrated RIS to increase the workflow efficiency.
- In 2015, hospitals held the largest market in terms of revenue. This is attributed to the increasing patient inflow at hospitals and the requirement to conform to stringent standards in order to ensure patient safety with minimal error. It enables clinicians to manage and share patient diagnostic data, administrative and appointment functions, and radiology reports.
- In 2013, Accenture completed the deployment of a cloud-based RIS for 23 facilities and five hospitals in Southwest England within the National Health Service (NHS). This is expected to increase the efficiency of the facilities as it would allow clinicians to access information, securely store health-related patient data, and exchange diagnostic information.
- Cloud-based is expected to witness a lucrative growth rate over the forecast period. This is due to the increasing demand for cloud computing in medical imaging as it allows clinicians to share patient data across the region in crucial cases, such as major trauma or stroke.
- North America was the highest revenue-generating region of the market, owing to the incorporation of Healthcare Information Technology (HIT) and better healthcare facilities in the region. Every year, the North American Radiology Society conducts a workshop on clinical trials in radiology and imaging through small sessions and discussions. This workshop provides an experience in radiology clinical trials, learning the methodological aspects of the field, and designing and conducting an analysis of imaging clinical trials.
- Asia Pacific is expected to spearhead the future market growth. The Asian healthcare IT solutions market is growing at a rapid rate to overcome critical issues of the adverse drug effects and dosage-related issues. This is actively accelerating the demand for Radiology Information System (RIS), Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS), Picture Information System (PIS), and Clinical Decision Support Systems (CDSS).
Browse Other Reports of “Biotechnology” Category at:
- Brain Pressure Table Industry –
- Europe Allergy Diagnostics Sales Market –
- In 2013, Singapore Health Ministry’s IT arm, Integrated Health information systems (IHis) and SingHealth and Eastern Health Alliance (EH Alliance) groups purchased Carestream’s Vue PACS and VUE RIS to achieve accurate radiology results and effectively manage patient’s imaging data
- In 2015, the ASA biometric section funded an annual workshop in Scottsdale, Arizona. The workshop presented an opportunity to learn about the imaging clinical trials and to gain experience by collaborating with the imaging specialists and radiologists, which is helpful in the radiology information system.
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- Wood Products Market –
- Textile Mills Market –
About Radiant Insight
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic dxecision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy. Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States
This post has been seen 74 times.